Education & Technology
Sheffield Apprenticeships is an online service for young people (and parents) who are looking for apprenticeship vacancies in Sheffield. It’s a free service developed and hosted by local software development consultancy Sheaf Digital.More
EdTech News - Digital skills shortages, artificial intelligence and open access to academic research
- Digital skills gap - could the new apprenticeships be the solution? "We want to create an outstanding alternative to university. With the tech skills gap, which is being exacerbated by Brexit, we need to fill the pipeline of talent.”
- Plundering the academic publishing establishment Sci-Hub and open access to academic research.
- Here’s how Hawaii’s emergency alert design led to a false alarm Forget hackers, it could be poor user experience design that starts WW3.
- Education technology is a global opportunity Particularly online language learning platforms in the far East.
- Google launches IT Professional Support Certificate - Self Study Is this the future? Free to study on Coursera and Google subsidise the end of course certificate so you only pay $49. Needs 8-10 hours per week for 8-12 months.
- Government search site is flooded with hundreds of ‘locations’ for the same providers Find Apprenticeship Training website - sounds like more time needed on user experience design.
- UK's Nudge Unit tests machine learning to rate schools and GPs Machine learning might spot failing schools and mean fewer Ofsted inspections.
- Google and Gallup’s computer science education research: six things to know Boys and girls equally interested in computer science at age 12 but not two years later.
I signed up for a new Skype number today and then spent two frustrating hours trying to get it to receive calls before finally stumbling upon the solution.More
- Why you should not encourage students to use laptops in lectures. Tell them to use a notebook and pen instead.
- Just 18% of US computer science graduates are women