Find the best way forward
Advice and support for organisations that want to use new software to improve business performance.
What we do
We provide practical software consultancy support for organisations that want to use new software to streamline admin, reach new customers or do more with the data they collect.
We work with you and your stakeholders to:
- Clarify and prioritise business requirements
- Match your requirements to the right solution
- Find suitable software suppliers
- Manage new software development projects
- Build and train in-house software development teams
- Troubleshoot and fix difficult software projects
Strategy and scoping
Understanding the scope of your project - where the boundaries are - and the detail around your business workflows is the key to getting a solution that meets your expectations.
Sheaf Digital talks to your users and other stakeholders to build a clear picture of what you need. Our focus on effective business requirements analysis at the start of your project means you will:
- Be less likely to overcomplicate the solution - you zero in on the requirements that really matter.
- Make things easier for your technology supplier - they provide a better solution when you know what you want.
- Save money - you'll get closer to finding the 20% of your requirements that deliver 80% of the value.
- Have the space to step back - then you spot other opportunities that can sit alongside a better, more focused solution.
Contact us to find out more about how we can help you deliver your projectContact Us
Our work includes a mixture of short, focused engagements and longer, more in-depth consulting projects. We may be able to help you in these key areas:
- Direct project management - working with you and your technology supplier to deliver your project.
- Project management training - custom training for your team, either as preparation before a new project or after the end of a project as part of a lessons learned exercise.
- Project troubleshooting - that might be a short package of consultancy to address specific problems/challenges.
- Building software development teams - agile vs. waterfall, what is the best way to organise and manage your software development team?
- Wider programme management - support with longer term strategic planning, that might include advice on how to schedule/sequence a series of projects.
IT projects that hit the rocks are not that uncommon - most people who work in IT know about at least one project that was delivered late, over budget or didn’t meet client/user expectations....More
This post was inspired by Joel Splosky’s The Joel Test: 12 Steps to Better Code. That post is now more than 20 years old, but it is still very relevant...More
We’ve just finished a piece of software/technical consultancy for the Education and Training Foundation. The Foundation is responsible for the annual collection of staff individualised record...More